Updated October 25, 2021
Ontario is in Step 3 of its pandemic reopening plan. As a retail business, we are exempt from the requirement that customers prove their vaccination status, so long as we maintain capacity restrictions. We still encourage that everyone in our community get vaccinated unless you have medical grounds for an exemption. Sparks Auctions continues to offer curbside pick-up and drop-off of consignments and has returned to in-person meetings by appointment only. We have implemented the following protocols to keep our clients and staff safer during this time of pandemic.
When conditions permit us to welcome customers to our office:
- We will do so on an appointment basis only.
- All customers and Sparks staff will be required to wear protective face masks when in the office.
- Customers must wash their hands with soap and water upon arrival to the office, using the public washrooms in the building. Several hand sanitizer dispensers are available in different areas of our office and we require all customers to use them if water and soap are not available, and to refrain from touching their faces.
- Sparks Auctions staff will disinfect all tables, tongs and chairs that have been in contact with customers after each visit.
- During pre-sale viewing sessions, we will only permit three customers in the office at any time, at distanced tables in our viewing room. Please make appointments early to secure your spot.
- On auction days, bidding will not be taking place in person in our offices (traditionally called “the floor”) until further notice. For live bidding during the auction, we recommend using our usual live internet bidding option through Stamp Auction Network. We will also offer live bidding through the telephone (a limited number of bidders can be accommodated by phone) and the use of one of the auction agents listed in our catalogue or online here. To secure your bids confidentially before the auction, you can bid on Stamp Auction Network or send us your bids by email, fax, or telephone.
- Lot pick-ups after sales will be by appointment only. Please call in advance to reserve your time slot and please do not “just show up” as we will not be able to accommodate your pick-up. We need time to prepare each purchase, invoice, packaging, etc.
When conditions require that our office be closed to the public:
- We will adhere to the orders of the Province of Ontario and Ottawa Public Health.
- We will conduct business remotely wherever possible.
- We will conduct auctions online only.
- We will continue to serve our customers by telephone and email.
- We will make alternate shipping arrangements for clients who typically visit the office to pick up purchases or drop off consignments.