Updated April 12, 2022
While Ontario no longer requires businesses to have their customers show proof of vaccination, nor to wear face masks, Sparks Auctions will continue to be cautious with both capacity restrictions and mask wearing. We encourage everyone in our community to get vaccinated unless you have medical grounds for an exemption. Sparks Auctions continues to offer curbside pick-up and drop-off of consignments when requested and will continue with in-person meetings by appointment only.
When conditions permit us to welcome customers to our office:
- We will do so by appointment only.
- All customers and Sparks Auctions staff will be required to wear protective face masks when in the office.
- During pre-sale viewing sessions, we will permit a limited number of customers in the office at one time in our viewing room. Please make appointments early to secure your spot.
- On auction days, there will be no public floor until further notice. For live bidding during the auction, we recommend using our usual live internet bidding through Stamp Auction Network. We also offer live bidding by telephone (a limited number of bidders can be accommodated by phone, please arrange at least one day before the sale) and any of the auction agents listed in our catalogue, or your current agent. To secure your bids confidentially before the auction, you can bid on Stamp Auction Network or send us your bids by email, fax, or telephone.
- Lot pick-ups after sales will be by appointment only. Please call in advance to reserve your time slot and please do not “just show up” as we might not be able to accommodate your pick-up. We need time to prepare each purchase, invoice, packaging, etc.
When conditions require that our office be closed to the public:
- We will adhere to the orders of the Province of Ontario and Ottawa Public Health.
- We will conduct business remotely where possible.
- We will conduct auctions online only.
- We will continue to serve our customers by telephone and email.
- We will make alternate shipping arrangements for clients who typically visit the office to pick up purchases or drop off consignments.