We have implemented the following protocols to keep our customers and staff safer during this time of contagion. These are posted in our offices and on our website.
When conditions require that our office be closed to the public:
- We will adhere to the orders of the province of Ontario and Ottawa Public Health.
- We will conduct business remotely wherever possible.
- We will continue to serve our customers by telephone and email.
When conditions permit us to welcome customers to our office:
- We will do so on an appointment basis only.
- All customers and Sparks staff will be required to wear protective masks when in the office.
- Customers must wash their hands with soap and water upon arrival to the office, using the public washrooms in the building. Several hand sanitizer dispensers are available in different areas of our office and we require all customers to use them if water and soap are not available, and to refrain from touching their faces.
- Sparks staff will disinfect all tables, tongs and chairs that have been in contact with customers after each visit.
- During our pre-sale viewing period, we will only accept three customers in the office at any time, at distanced tables in our viewing room. Please make appointments early to secure your spot.
- On auction days, bidding will not be taking place in person in our offices (traditionally called “the floor”). For live bidding during the auction, we recommend using our usual live internet bidding option through Stamp Auction Network. We will also offer live bidding through the telephone (a limited number of bidders can be accommodated by phone) and the use of one of the auction agents listed in our catalogue or online here. To secure your bids confidentially before the auction, you can bid on Stamp Auction Network or send us your bids by email, fax, or telephone.
- For lot pick-ups after the sale we will only accommodate curbside pickups, by appointment only. Please call in advance to reserve your time slot and please do not “just show up” as we will not be able to accommodate your pick-up. We need time to prepare each purchase, invoice, packaging, etc.
Updated January 13, 2021