Welcome to our sale #42! The listing can be seen on Stamp Auction Network, where you can also sign up for your FREE Stamp Auction network membership (details here). The PDF catalogue is also available here on our website.
It has been a while since our last general sale, and during that time we were proud to offer three name sales, each of which was a huge success. Once you see this sale’s extensive offerings we are sure you will agree it was well worth the wait!
With 2,229 lots offered over a period of four days, this is by far our largest sale in quite a while. The property of 129 owners, it offers a very wide range of material, with something for most collectors, and dealers will be happy to see so many offerings catered to them, which should be perfect timing to stock up for CAPEX ’22 in one month.
Here is just a short list of some of the many exciting offerings from this sale:
- An extensive collection of Canadian Christmas stamp errors and other Christmas-related material.
- Extensive dealer stock offerings of Canadian and foreign stamps and postal history, much of which is priced, described and ready to be re-offered.
- The “Burnside House” collection of early Falkland Islands. This mostly mint collection spans Queen Victoria through the King George VI period, and features singles, sets, many varieties and complete sheets, panes and multiples not often offered.
- The “Waterford” extensive and valuable collection of New Zealand stamps in 33 volumes, offered mostly by issue.
- Large assortment of Canadian postal stationery lots.
- The “Armstrong” find which includes thousands of Canadian and American covers accumulated by an Ottawa resident from the 1920s to 1960. None of these were purchased from dealers and they are offered to the philatelic market for the first time.
- Over 30 lots of useful philatelic literature.
Please enjoy this sale!
We are also proud to be partner-level sponsors of both ORAPEX (Ottawa, April 23-24, www.orapex.ca) and CAPEX ‘22 (Toronto, June 9-12, www.capex22.org). We invite you to join us at our booths at both shows this spring, where we would be happy to discuss your consignment to future sales and show you catalogues of past and current sales.