Lot 603 Canada #151 1928.DEC.12 3c Scroll First Day Cover, with a black Maple Leaf cachet, mailed at Ottawa with slogan cancel, addressed to T.R. Legault in Ottawa (nice receiver on back). Very fine and scarce. Retail $500.
Lot 841 Great Britain #48 1865 Folded Letter From Scotland to Chile Via Panama, mailed at Dundee OCT.16.1865 and franked with a pair of Scott #48 (1sh green QV issues) from plate 4, positions AC and AD. Has a nice Panama transit datestamp on front and no Chile receiver, but red London transit on back of OCT.17. Horizontal fold on front and some white paper adhered to the back, otherwise very fine and attractive. Scott CV U$625.
We are pleased to announce our September 2020 Sale #34.
Our June sale was again a huge success, with a hammer of just under $1Million plus many new buyers and consignors. This sale is a little more subdued, but still contains many interesting items, with our usual wide range of material for every collector or dealer, with something for every budget. The sale will again be conducted without a public floor, which has been proven (as in our last sale) not to be a deterrent to successful sales.
Here are some highlights from this sale:
• Extensive, advanced collection of used People’s Republic of China stamps in six volumes
• Extensive collection of early Great Britain stamps and postal history
• A lovely selection of outstanding Canadian used and mint never hinged, very fine or extremely fine stamps with certificates
• Retired postal history dealer stock, featuring worldwide censored mail and Great Britain postal history
• One of the most important collections of Canadian Pre-1960 First Day covers we have offered, loaded with scarce and rare items
• The Jerry Olesnyckyj worldwide mostly used stamp collection in 100 albums, offered by country or region, including the remainder of his dealer stock, with each lot identified by “J.O.”
• Part three of three of the Leon V. Pont collection of early India first flight postal history
We are confident that you will find something you like in this sale. Don’t forget that all our sales are conducted in Canadian dollars, and that our buyer’s premium remains at an industry low of 17%. Please visit Stamp Auction Network to look at all our high quality scans and place your bids, both before it begins or live during the auction. Our online images include nearly 10,000 scans, and we apologize that some are smaller than usual and therefore not up to our usual high standards.
Lastly, our January sale promises to be an important one, with many consignments already on hand. We are always on the lookout for more nice, quality material, with our promise that it will be well grouped and described, with many illustrations; we always have at least one photo or scan per lot, with some lots having hundreds. With Stamp Auction Network live internet bidding we cover the world in terms of potential buyers for your material.
Enjoy the sale!